This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Chocolate Chip Cookie Crust Cheesecake recipe is made with a chewy chocolate chip cookie crust on the bottom and a smooth, creamy no bake chocolate cheesecake on top! This combination of two tasty desserts is the jam!
The Best Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
So I have kind of a thing for making fun and different desserts. First, it keeps life interesting. I make a lot of desserts, so changing things up and making something different is a nice change. Second, combining several desserts into one means not having to choose between them.
Several years ago there was this Cookie Dough Brownie Layer Cake. Then came things like this Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie Layer Cake and this Oreo Brookie Layer Cake. Now there’s fun things like this Boston Cream Pie Cheesecake and Outrageous Chocolate Coconut Cheesecake Cake. This cheesecake may not be quite as over-the-top as some of those, but it’s the next in line as far as fun and unique new recipes.
Plus, cookies + cheesecake + chocolate = deliciousness.
How To Make This Easy Cheesecake Recipe
This cheesecake is also easy to make, which is lovely. A fair number of steps, but not hard. First, you’ll make the cookie. It’s really just a chocolate chip cookie cake. You could even make it on it’s own and call it a day. That’d be sad though because it’s even more fun with the cheesecake on top. So you’ll bake the cookie and set it aside to cool.
Next it’s time to put together the cheesecake filling. The filling uses a combination of melted chocolate and powdered cocoa for it’s tasty chocolate flavor. There’s also some additional chopped up chocolate chip cookies in the cheesecake filling, just to make sure we have plenty of cookies going on. I used mini Chips Ahoy, but feel free to use your favorite ones.
When putting the cheesecake together, I added some additional mini Chips Ahoy around the edge. I think it’s a fun look, but it’s totally not necessary if you’d prefer to skip that step. The cookies don’t always stand up easily as you add them around the edges, so you can add spoonfuls of the filling as you go to hold them in place, if needed.
When you’re done, pop the cheesecake in the fridge to firm up. I like to leave it overnight just to be sure it’s nice and firm. To finish it off, add some chocolate whipped cream, mini chocolate chips and a few more cookies.
The combination of the chewy cookie crust with the smooth and creamy chocolate cheesecake is SO good! Definitely my new favorite way to eat a cookie.
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”02yrHn6U” upload-date=”Thu Jul 13 2017 01:34:09 GMT+0000 (UTC)” name=”Chocolate Chip Cookie Bottomed Cheesecake” description=”This Chocolate Chip Cookie Bottomed Cheesecake is made with a chewy chocolate chip cookie on the bottom and a smooth, creamy no bake chocolate cheesecake on top!”]
This Chocolate Chip Cookie Crust Cheesecake recipe is made with a chewy chocolate chip cookie on the bottom and creamy no bake chocolate cheesecake on top!
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BOTTOM
- 1/2 cup (112g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (72g) light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp (39g) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (195g) all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups (211g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 20 oz (565g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (104g) sugar
- 5 tbsp (35g) natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (42g) semi sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 1/4 cups (300ml) heavy whipping cream, cold
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp (73g) powdered sugar*
- 1 cup (100g) chopped chocolate chip cookies
- Additional cookies, for edges**
CHOCOLATE WHIPPED CREAM
- 3/4 cup (180ml) heavy whipping cream, cold
- 1/4 cup (29g) powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp (21g) natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Mini chocolate chips, optional
1. To make the cookie bottom, preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C). Place parchment paper in the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan and grease the sides.
2. Cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
3. Mix in egg and vanilla extract until combined.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until well combined.
6. Stir in the chocolate chips. The cookie dough will be thick.
7. Press the dough evenly into the springform pan.
8. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden.
9. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely in the pan.
10. To make the cheesecake filling, add the cream cheese, sugar and cocoa powder to a large mixer bowl and beat until well combined and smooth.
11. Add the vanilla extract and melted chocolate and mix until well combined. Set aside.
12. In another large mixer bowl, add the heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar. Whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
13. Add about 1/3 of the whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture and fold carefully to combine.
14. Add the remaining whipped cream and fold carefully until well combined.
15. Add the chopped cookies and fold to combine.
16. To put the cheesecake together, first add chocolate chips cookies around the sides of the pan, sitting on top of the edge of the cookie bottom. If you have trouble getting them to stand up, spoon small amounts of cheesecake filling up against the cookies to help keep them in place.
17. Add the remaining cheesecake filling and spread into an even layer.
18. Refrigerate cheesecake until firm, 5-6 hours or overnight.
19. To finish off the cheesecake, make the chocolate whipped cream. Add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla extract to a large mixer bowl and whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
20. Remove the cheesecake from the springform pan and pipe swirls of whipped cream around the edge.
21. Top the cheesecake with additional cookies and mini chocolate chips.
22. Refrigerate cheesecake until ready to serve. Cheesecake is best for 3-4 days.
* It may be tempting to reduce the amount of powdered sugar, but it’s important not to. It stabilizes the whipped cream and without it you will likely have a thinner consistency cheesecake.
** I used Mini Chips Ahoy Cookies
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 527
- Sugar: 37.7 g
- Sodium: 297.3 mg
- Fat: 32.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 54.8 g
- Protein: 8.2 g
- Cholesterol: 91.4 mg
Keywords: chocolate cheesecake recipe, cookie cheesecake, no bake chocolate cheesecake, homemade cheesecake, how to make cheesecake